Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving: a wonderful way to begin the holiday season!

The holiday season is off to great start!

My parents and Jennifer came up for Thanksgiving, and we all had a blast! Thanksgiving dinner was a success! It was nice for Kyle and I to celebrate our first Thanksgiving together in our new home with some of our family. God has given me so much to be thankful for, that's for sure.

I got to take Mom, Dad, and Jennifer to Hot Springs, AR, to see Bath House row. We did a little shopping while there too. Needless to say, me Jenn and Mom loved that part, but Dad was less than excited. He was itching to back and watch the Alabama/ Auburn game!!

Jennifer is coming back up here in about a week and half, and I am super excited about that. More fun sister time, which means more shopping! (Sorry Dad!)

I have not started my job yet. They have to run a background check before I can begin, and the process usually takes about 2 weeks. If all goes well, I should start right after Christmas. It's definitely a blessing to not have to job hunt during the holiday season, but get to spend the holidays not working!

Christmas is just around the corner, and I am having a blast celebrating my first Christmas with Kyle! We decorated our first tree together a couple of days ago! Now, we are busy buying Christmas presents, and looking forward to a few Christmas parties on the calendar. I am attending a cookie exchange next week, and have been practicing different type of cookies to decide which to make for the party. Kyle definitely has not been complaining!! :)

Both Kyle and I have been a bit under the weather, so we are anxious to leave the colds behind!

Most of you I will be seeing soon! Can't wait! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment