Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Being Content in Christ Alone

In our community group on Tuesday we talked on the subject of being content only in Christ. Most of us answer yes, but then when we really get down to it, it's probably because we like where God has us. We are comfortable in our lives. The group challenged me to think, "Would I be content in Christ if my circumstances were less than desirable?" I think this is a question we should all constantly be asking ourselves. We serve a mighty God who loves us more than we can ever know... a God who ALWAYS has our best interest in mind...a God who knows what's best for us even if it means going through a tough time to show us. God uses all things for good- even the times of suffering and hardship.

In Romans, it says to "rejoice in our sufferings because suffering produces perseverance... and perseverance hope." This hope in Jesus is ultimately our motivation for everything we do. We this hope to keep moving.

It's during these hard times that I believe God shapes us the most.It's how we respond in the hard times that truly answer the question "Am I content in Christ alone?" Sometimes, the hard times are tragic; other times, the hard times are just a bit frustrating. No matter the hardship, let's ask ourselves, "What is God trying to teach me,and how will I respond?"

No comments:

Post a Comment