Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jesus, the LOVER of MY soul!

This past week or so, Christ has really been tugging at my heart stings. He has been speaking to me a lot lately. At church, we have been studying a series entitled "Breathe," which has been awesome! All of the sermons have been center around Psalm 23. I have always overlooked the power in this verse because it has always just seemed to be the verse everyone "just memorized." But the power in this verse is unbelievable! The truth of who God is for us in this verse leaves me in awe and brings me to tears of joy. The promises God brings to each of us in this verse gives me a peace in my heart that I know is Him filling me with His spirit.

The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Wow. The Lord is MY shepherd. Do you know how much a shepherd loves, cares for a protects his sheep? God is this for us, and therefore we will want for nothing! He will provide all we need. Verses 2-3 show us the joys and blessing He gives to each of us in life. He wants us to stop and rest and just soak in the gifts He gives us! In verse 4, he promises us that even when we walk through dark times, HE IS WITH US! I love His promises in verse 5. There are three of them

1) We can trust Him to provide and protect even in the face of what we fear. (You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies)

2) We can trust Him to refresh and renew us through His holy spirit. (You have anointed my head with oil)

3) We can trust Him to give us blessing upon blessing more than we deserve. ( My cup overflows).

And lastly, in verse six He promises us that we will be pursued by His steadfast love for life, and that after this life, we will be with HIM and at HOME forever!


WOW! These are PROMISES! Not just maybes! This is the TRUTH from God! This gives me an overwhelming peace, and I hope it gives the same to you...

1 comment: